My Yard

My Yard

Friday, September 9, 2011

Flickr and photosharing

  I used flickr for the first time in about 4 years today. I haven't been on since the day I created a page with my friends my freshmen year of college. I don't think the site has changed greatly since then. It may be running faster then I remember it but its hard to tell after all this time and I believe almost everything is running faster then it used to. I posted a few pictures of "library stuff" and am waiting to see comments. I am excited to see what other people are posting as well. I can see how flickr would be useful for a library. pictures capture peoples attention a lot quicker then words and you would be less likely to have people take one look at your page and go away because they don't feel they have the time to absorb all of the information properly. People enjoy looking at pictures and rarely equate it with work. Posting your library events with full colour photos would be a much better way to attract people then a black and white filer type e-mail or blog posting.
                                       http://www.flickr.com/photos/greydandelion/

1 comment:

  1. Dorian, is that your bookshelf? I think we have similar taste in fiction!

    ReplyDelete