My Yard

My Yard

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Zotero and Citation management

My Zotero
Today I learned (or in internet speak TIL) about Zotero and citation management. I think that this could be one of the more useful tools I have learned about so far. This is the first time I have used this product and believe that it may have saved me a lot of time in the past in paper writing. I plan on doing a bit of experimenting with it in the future. I also see how this tool might be useful in a library. A librarian casually surfing through the internet might come across a book or periodical that he/she thinks would be a good addition to the collection and with the help of zotero could just drag it down and save all the citation information so at a later date they would know how to find and identify the item for purchase. This would also help in gathering resources for a patron of the library. you could find them books and then print out a list with citations. I am not yet familiar enough with this tool to point out what its kinks are but I am sure it has a few problems that need to be addressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment